Friday, July 3, 2009

Musical Reminders

O to grace how great a debtor daily I'm constrained to be!
Let Thy goodness like a fetter, bind my wandering heart to Thee
Prone to wander Lord I feel it, prone to leave the God I love
Here's my heart Lord, take and seal it, seal it for Thy courts above.
("Come Thou Fount")

My sin, oh, the bliss of this glorious thought!

My sin, not in part but the whole,
Is nailed to the cross, and I bear it no more,
Praise the Lord, praise the Lord, O my soul!
("It Is Well")


Semper Reformanda

3 comments:

Jack Leon said...

Dude... So right. You know, I'm reading a book called Lost and Found by Ed Stetzer. AWESOME Book. It talks about reaching our generation -- the "twentysomethings" and how for them the issue with music isn't Choruses or Hymns... It's about Personal Conviction and Authenticity.

Luke Harding said...

Those are precious songs to me. They are precious jewels we have from godly men that help us worship our Lord in spirit and truth.
Thank you for the timely reminder.

Aaron Cline Hanbury said...

Thanks for the comments ya'll. Most lyrics become very second nature to me; not so with these two songs. I love the experience of singing sound doctrine.