Saturday, August 23, 2008

New List

I have recently added a list of recommended books to my blog. I am reading or have read all of the books listed. Each book has much to contribute to our conversation of Culture and the Christian (I threw in some of my favorite literature as well). I will continue to update the list as I encounter books which, I feel, are significant to our confessing evangelical community; I will take the time to review some books here.

(Though I may review books which contribute negatively, I will list only books which I feel are thoroughly helpful.)

8 comments:

S.B. said...

I appreciate the pitches for Shakespeare, Dostoyevsky, and Dumas. It could provoke me to tears to know a man who wants to be a notable theological writer who cares to feed upon the plains of classic literature. And have you read the Why We're Not Emergent yet? Martin advised me to read it, Ebert read it and promotes it, David is currently reading it, and it's on my list all the more now that you have promoted it.

Aaron Cline Hanbury said...

Oh yes, I am reading it. I'm taking somewhat of a long time to read it, though; school offers a lot of things, but time is not one.

David said...

Hey Aaron, Sean just told me about your blog. I've enjoyed reading your intelligent, well-written opinions.

Also, I would really like to get your thoughts on Why We're Not Emergent when you're done reading it.

Aaron Cline Hanbury said...

Will do, David.

Thanks for the comments.

Unknown said...

give the people more blog!!!

Aaron Cline Hanbury said...

Thanks for the encouragement "rollin." I do plan to blog as soon as I finish one of the books I'm reading. But as you surely know, blogging takes a backseat around midterms.

More to come soon!

Anonymous said...

More blog! More blog! Blog by the barrel-full!

Christina Akin said...

Hi. First, I must agree with the others... more blogs would be great! Also, it is interesting to read your book reviews. I mostly read literature, I used to be into reading Christian literature until one day I found myself studying that rather than the Bible. But now I am starting to rekindle an old flame with some great authors and you blog has given me some ideas for future readings. Let me know if there is an absolute must-read I have missed!:)