Sunday, May 15, 2011

Wisdom Christology is here

Late this week I got it in the mail. Then, about mid morning today, I got it in my hands (insert mail-receiving realities of apartment living). Here's what I saw first:

"Two features of this book merit particular praise. ... Ebert carefully demolishes the 'Jesus as Lady Sophia' Christology ... and fulsomely displays how true wisdom is rightly connected to Jesus Christ. Moreover, the author writes well." - D.A. Carson

...

"A marvelous example of biblical theology ... grounded in solid research, yet very accessible." - Douglas J. Moo

...

"Pastoral, insightful, and significant. ... Models how careful exegesis ground sound theology and shoes how sound theology must be applied." - Christopher W. Morgan

...

"Demonstrates persuasively how wisdom, a central Old Testament theme, played a constraining role in the apostolic era's first-order question, 'Who is Jesus?'" - Mark S. Gignilliat


And the above recommendations are only truncated versions of the high praise for Dan Ebert's new book I found when I turned the first page. Then, when I navigated to Amazon to grab a link for this post, I saw the world's largest online retailer announcing to shoppers that Wisdom Christology is almost sold out.


No comments: